Here are all the answers on these short courses.
What can Speechcraft do for You?
Speechcraft programs are short courses in public speaking that are offered by Toastmasters for people not wishing to make the full commitment to join a Club. In a Speechcraft course you will:
- Improve your communication skills so that you are less afraid to talk in front of people.
- Prepare a number of speeches in quick succession.
- Find that your improved presentation skills will win you the respect and admiration of your colleagues.
- Benefit because participation in Speechcraft will increase your management potential.
How can Speechcraft meet your needs?
Speechcraft can help you because:
- Speechcraft is a program designed for beginners in public speaking.
- The hands-on program provides the “how-to” and the practical experience so critical to progress.
- The Speechcraft program is cost effective, as volunteers who are themselves training to be better communicators provide it.
- An atmosphere of professional camaraderie makes each course a unique learning environment dedicated to personal improvement.
- The program can be tailored to meet your personal objectives.
How does the Program work?
The Speechcraft program exposes each participant to a wide range of communication experiences:
- Each participant receives a Toastmasters Speechcraft Handbook plus other materials prepared by the Club. These provide valuable reference material after the program is finished.
- The initial prepared speeches are designed with the novice speaker in mind. You need no experience.
- A variety of assigned short speeches help participants develop competency.
During each meeting, a Table Topics session is conducted to help participants learn to think on their feet by delivering short impromptu speeches.
- After giving a prepared speech, each participant receives a constructive speech evaluation. This process recognises speakers for their strengths and provides valuable guidance on how future presentations may be improved.
- Upon completion of the basic course you may continue your training at Waitara Windbags Toastmasters Club or any other Toastmasters Club.
When and Where is Speechcraft conducted?
A Note for Employers
Speechcraft is high quality training at a price that every firm can afford. If staff lack confidence when speaking in public, that is a handicap. But if they are prepared to put the effort into the course work, you will probably want to help them.
First study the requirements of the course and satisfy yourself that this is an effective program. Then offer to pay the course fees of your staff. When you have seen the results of the course, your firm could develop a policy of encouraging staff members to take the Speechcraft course.