Learn how to start your journey of personal and professional development through Pathways, Toastmasters’ new education program!
It’s a journey of possibilities. Pathways features online learning, cutting-edge content, interactive tools, strong mentoring and evaluation components, and a multitude of options. Exciting learning paths include Motivational Strategies, Presentation Mastery and Effective Coaching. In Pathways, members can learn nearly 300 competencies—practical skills that are transferable to the world outside Toastmasters.
To get started, login to the Toastmasters.org website with your personal ID, then go to Education > Pathways Learning Experience.
Although you will not be able to do this until the new program rolls out to our part of the world (towards the end of 2017 or early in 2018), we strongly recommend you click the link anyway to sign in to the Toastmasters International website as that will be a requirement for on-line use of the program. If you have never signed in to the website before, you will see the login page asks you for your username and password. Just below that is an instruction for first time users. Make sure you enter the email that you have registered with Toastmasters International.
What is Your Educational Journey?
The Toastmasters Pathways learning experience offers many different routes for exploration and achievement.
This modernised learning experience is the result of years of planning and expertise by a large team, including the Board of Directors, World Headquarters staff and member volunteers. The program’s wide-ranging benefits include:
- Customised learning tailored to personal and professional goals
- Early and frequent recognition of accomplishments
- Mobile access to educational materials
- Expanded video and digital content
Progress in Toastmasters learning is a journey of self-development. Pathways will help you reach your potential.
District 57 is the first district in the world to launch the new Pathways program, as a pilot district. Our program began February 7, 2017.
- PATHWAYS Paths and Core Competencies (PDF)
- A very useful document that shows you exactly what is in the new program
- Pathways Paths and Project Catalogue: (PDF) A short summary of every project in Pathways, organised by path.
- A list of all projects in every path
- Pathways Navigator (PDF)
- Your guide to getting started in Toastmasters and Pathways
- Pathways Quick Starter Guide (PDF)
- How to get started on Pathways
- Base Camp Manager Duties
- A how-to document for the tasks a base camp manager does
- Pathways Up Close (PPT)
- Shows how the current education program relates to the Pathways program, and provides details on differences between paths.
- PATHWAYS Preparation Schedule
Including what clubs can expect as support with the introduction of the new program
Toastmaster International Resources:
- Pathways on Toastmasters International Site
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Magazine Article, “The Possibilities of Pathways”
- Magazine Article, “The DCP Takes a Turn in Pathways”
- Where Will Pathways Take You? (Flyer PDF): Communicates the value of the new education program. Share it in your district, and help new and prospective members understand Pathways since the traditional education program is no longer available to them.
- Transform Your Talent (Flyer PDF): Helps human resources and talent development professionals understand how Pathways will benefit their company.
- Develop Your Leaders From Within (PDF): A brochure designed for promoting Toastmasters to businesses and organisations. The brochure includes information about Toastmasters, notable corporate clubs, testimonials and details on how to sponsor a club.