Before the meeting
Arrive about 15 minutes early
At the meeting
- Arrange the room at least ten minutes before the meeting begins
- Ensure there is water jugs and glasses available on the tables
- Make sure the lectern is in place, the lights are set up, the banner is displayed, seats are arranged properly with comments slips and any voting slips on them
- Make sure name badges are available
- Greet members and guests and arrange for guests to sit with members
- Ensure the meeting starts on time.
- Bang the gavel and give a 1 minute warning for everyone take their seats.
- On time, bang the gavel, welcome everyone to the meeting “Welcome members and guests to meeting number __ of Waitara Windbags Toastmasters Club. I hope you enjoy your time here tonight. I now hand the meeting over to the Toastmaster, ____”
- Collect voting slips and count votes (if voting applies in your Club)