Waitara Windbags was established on 9 March 2017 and chartered (as per the requirements of Toastmasters International on 23 August 2017. Our club no is 6003581. We are in Area 16, Division M (Macquarie) of District 90.
We are a group of ordinary people who come together at a Toastmasters club in Hornsby/Waitara on the 2nd and 4th Thursday of each month from 7pm to 9pm to improve our public speaking skills. Our aim is to empower individuals to become confident public speakers.
Public speaking is one of the hardest things for most people to do, let alone become fantastic at. Our club provides an encouraging environment where our members can develop their skills quickly and to a high standard.
While we are an individual Toastmaster club in Hornsby/Waitara area, we are registered as part of the Toastmaster International Organisation and follow all the guidelines and programs laid out by this great establishment.
Members of our club develop their skills to the highest standard to:
- Deliver engaging, powerful presentations at work
- Give humorous or heartfelt speeches at personal events
- Become great leaders by gaining the skills to influence others
- Become stronger personalities by eliminating social fears
- Deal with more situations powerfully responding effectively
We have a complete mix of skills and experience in our club and no matter whether people are just starting out or are already established public speakers, everyone benefits from following the Educational Program and practicing regularly.
Formed in August 2017, Waitara Windbags Toastmasters club is a part of Toastmasters International which is a non-profit educational organisation that teaches public speaking and leadership skills through a worldwide network of clubs with membership exceeding 357,000 in more than 16,600 clubs in 143 countries. Since 1924, Toastmasters International has helped people from diverse backgrounds become more confident speakers, communicators, and leaders.
People join Toastmasters in order to:
- Develop the public speaking skills to persuade and convince others
- Learn to put their ideas across clearly and with conviction
- Improve their self-confidence before a group of people
- Learn to think quickly and clearly under pressure
- Learn to listen effectively and critically
- Learn to supportively evaluate someone else’s presentation
- Train to become a good leader
A company’s success depends on communication. Employees face an endless exchange of ideas, messages and information as they deal with one another and with customers day after day. How well they connect and share their ideas with customers, clients and co-workers can determine whether a company grows into an industry leader or joins thousands of other businesses mired in mediocrity. Toastmasters provide the tools that enable employees to become effective presenters and leaders – all at a very low-cost averaging $90 every six months. Toastmasters training helps employees:
- Give better sales presentations
- Hone their management skills
- Work better with fellow employees
- Effectively develop and present ideas
- Offer constructive criticism
- Accept feedback more objectively
Who can join Toastmasters?
Anyone aged 18 years or older may join Toastmasters.
Please come along to one of our meetings soon to understand more about us and what you can gain by becoming one of our members.
WE WELCOME ANYONE TO COME ALONG AS A GUEST AT ANYTIME, if you would like more information before you arrive then please contact us via our website page or register to attend our next meeting on Eventbrite.
Interested in visiting and seeing what it’s all about? Visit our Where we meet page for how to find our Toastmaster Club in Waitara, NSW